Little Mermaid II Costume
A cute and easy little mermaid costume that was homemade, including the wig!
What you’ll need
- Red felt for wig
- Turquoise felt for flower
- Skin-colored shirt
- Purple felt for shell bra
- Shiny green fabric for fin
- Green tulle for flippers
How to make it
- To make the wig, get a large doll or stuffed animal about the size of your child’s head. Place an old cap or a new one made from material over the head. Cut pieces of the red felt and hot glue to cap to create a red wig.
- Cut shiny green material into the shape of a tail or skirt and sew to bottom of shirt to create a “dress.”
- Sew tulle around top of fin.
- Take a piece of tulle and gather one end to create a flipper and sew it to the bottom fin. Repeat.
- Cut out two shell bra pieces from the purple felt and hot glue to shirt.
- Embellish as desired. Your Little Mermaid is ready!